- EGX gains 4B EGP boosted by institution purchasesOctober 30, 2014
- Gov’t June 30 Fact-Finding Committee to issue final report within daysOctober 30, 2014
- Egypt evicts N. Sinai residents for 2nd day to build military buffer zoneOctober 30, 2014
- NCHR condemns police search of NCHR member’s homeOctober 30, 2014
Oct. 30, 17:30
JERUSALEM: Four neat bullet holes pock-mark the wall on the roof of Muataz Hijazi’s family home in east Jerusalem, where Israeli police shot the 32-year-old dead at dawn Thursday. Relatives and neighbors say he was...
Oct. 30, 16:30
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso: Protesters stormed Burkina Faso’s parliament Thursday, dragging furniture and computers onto the street and setting the main chamber ablaze, forcing the government to cancel a vote to allow the...
Oct. 30, 11:54
STOCKHOLM: Sweden on Thursday officially recognized the state of Palestine, Stockholm’s foreign minister said, less than a month after the government announced its intention to make the controversial move. “Today the...
Oct. 29, 18:00
CAIRO: The U.S. Department of State called on Egyptian authorities to complete a review of the controversial Protest Law and to “release an amended version that will enable full freedom of expression and association,”...
Oct. 29, 17:30
MURSITPINAR: For the first time since the Islamic State group launched an offensive on the Syrian border town of Kobani last month, a small group of Syrian rebels on Wednesday entered the embattled town from Turkey in a push...
- Former intel officer sentenced to military trial
- Artist paints plus-sized women to redefine Egypt’s beauty standards
- Civil society organizations lament continued gov’t interference
- Activist’s ‘guilt’ turned into documentary about Sanaa Seif
- Egyptian filmmaker wins top prize at Baghdad Film Festival
- Alleged sex abuse at Ismailia orphanage ‘not a first’ says NGO
Oct. 30, 13:15
CAIRO: The World Bank said in its recent “Doing Business 2015” report that Egypt improved in its “Ease of Doing Business Ranking” for 2015 to take the 112th spot, up from the 128th spot last year out of a list of 189. The...
Oct. 29, 16:00
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rallied Wednesday, powered by an investor upbeat sentiment and positive performance of most blue chips. The benchmark index EGX30 hiked 2.37 percent; registering 8,952 points, up from 8,744...
Oct. 29, 14:00
CAIRO: There are no plans to revoke the free trade agreement with Turkey, MENA quoted Minister of Trade and Industry Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour as saying in a press conference Tuesday. Relations between Egypt and Turkey tensed...
Oct. 29, 12:00
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) extended its winning streak at the open of Wednesday’s session, getting support from the positive performance of most blue chips. The benchmark index EGX30 hiked 2.08 percent higher,...
Oct. 28, 16:30
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) ended on collective rise Tuesday, as the benchmark index rebounded amid an upbeat sentiment among Arab retailers and institutions. The benchmark index EGX30 ended 1.11 percent higher;...
- An Egyptian military helicopter runs surveillance in Rafah, near the Gaza border
- Silent march at Alexandria University to mourn Sinai attack
- Egypt mourns victims of Friday Sinai attacks
- Religious Chanting Syndicate celebrates Islamic new year
- Clay family displaced due to Israeli shelling on its home in Gaza
- Oct. 19 Cairo University clashes