- Egypt fighting ‘existential war’: SisiOctober 25, 2014
- Egyptian filmmaker wins top prize at Baghdad Film FestivalOctober 25, 2014
- Luxor to celebrate anniversary of King Tut tomb discovery at UK travel expoOctober 25, 2014
- State of emergency declared in N. Sinai following Friday militant attacksOctober 25, 2014
Oct. 25, 15:30
SURUC, Turkey: Just over a year ago, Afshin Kobani was a teacher. Now, the Kurdish Syrian woman has traded the classroom for the front lines in the battle for Kobani, a town besieged by fighters from the Islamic State...
Oct. 24, 18:15
WASHINGTON: Washington is seeking more information on reports that Islamic State militants used chlorine gas against Iraqi police officers last month, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday. The top U.S. diplomat told...
Oct. 24, 17:45
CAIRO: Some 832 million EGP ($116.2 million) in foreign funds have been allowed into local NGO accounts since July 2013, and 40,000 NGOs have been licensed, Minister of Social Solidarity Ghada Waly told Al-Youm channel...
Oct. 24, 17:00
CAIRO: Alleged militant jihadist Adel Habara, 40, has denied he committed a 2013 terrorist attack, and that he attempted to escape from prison in June, according to an interview published Friday by Youm7. Habara’s case goes...
Oct. 24, 16:35
CAIRO: At least 17 people were killed and 21 injured in an explosion that took place Friday afternoon at a military installation in the city of Sheikh Zuwayed, North Sinai, Sky News Arabia reported. Officials have not yet...
- Alleged sex abuse at Ismailia orphanage ‘not a first’ says NGO
- Concerns rise after 2 students killed due to poor school maintenance
- Dozens of students arrested for university violence
- Slavery not part of Islam: Scholars respond to IS
- University protests mark beginning of semester despite security warnings
- Doctors Syndicate critical of medical service at prisons
Oct. 23, 16:30
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) ended on a slight decline Thursday, hurt by minimal profit taking following the market rally yesterday. The EGX30 fell by 0.17 percent, registering 8,797 points, down from 8,811.8 points...
Oct. 23, 11:57
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) showed a limited decline at the open of Thursday’s trading session due to minimal profit taking following the market rally Wednesday. The EGX30 fell by 0.2 percent, registering 8,794 points,...
Oct. 22, 17:30
CAIRO: Minister of Finance Hani Qadry said that Moody’s decision to upgrade Egypt’s outlook is positive for the economy and the country’s position in the international investment map, according to a Tuesday statement, but that...
Oct. 22, 16:15
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rallied Wednesday, pushed by the positive performance of most blue chips led by the heavyweight CIB stock. The EGX30 rose by 2.07 percent, registering 8,811.8 points, up from 8,633 points...
Oct. 22, 12:15
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rallied at open of Wednesday’s session, powered by the positive performance of most blue chips led by the heavyweight CIB stock. The EGX30 rose by 1.68 percent, registering 8,777 points, up...
- Egypt mourns victims of Friday Sinai attacks
- Religious Chanting Syndicate celebrates Islamic new year
- Clay family displaced due to Israeli shelling on its home in Gaza
- Oct. 19 Cairo University clashes
- Security measures at Ain Shams and Cairo Universities
- First cruise ship to Port Said since June 30 welcomed by dance performance