- Accused militant Habara denies charges; ‘I am not a devil’ he saysOctober 24, 2014
- Gov’t denies validity of directive jailing students for ‘insulting’ flagOctober 24, 2014
- 27 students suspended for university protestsOctober 23, 2014
- Alleged sex abuse at Ismailia orphanage ‘not a first’ says NGOOctober 23, 2014
Oct. 24, 18:15
WASHINGTON: Washington is seeking more information on reports that Islamic State militants used chlorine gas against Iraqi police officers last month, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday. The top U.S. diplomat told...
Oct. 24, 16:00
VATICAN CITY: Pope Francis has condemned the practice of extraordinary renditions used by the CIA after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. In a speech to the International Association of Penal Law on Thursday, Francis also called...
Oct. 24, 15:00
TALLINN, Estonia: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Friday that 1,300 Free Syrian Army fighters would join Kurds in defending the key Syrian border town of Kobani from an assault by Islamic State jihadists. The...
Oct. 24, 13:13
BRUSSELS: British Prime Minister David Cameron says that the European Union and its 28 member nations have secured 1 billion euro ($1.25 billion) to fight the Ebola crisis in West Africa. Cameron made the announcement as...
Oct. 24, 10:30
CAIRO: Egyptian-Spanish fugitive business tycoon Hussein Salem has submitted to the Egyptian Illicit Gains Authority a request to cede 4 billion EGP ($560 million) to the government in exchange for it dropping all legal cases...
- Alleged sex abuse at Ismailia orphanage ‘not a first’ says NGO
- Concerns rise after 2 students killed due to poor school maintenance
- Dozens of students arrested for university violence
- Slavery not part of Islam: Scholars respond to IS
- University protests mark beginning of semester despite security warnings
- Doctors Syndicate critical of medical service at prisons
Oct. 23, 16:30
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) ended on a slight decline Thursday, hurt by minimal profit taking following the market rally yesterday. The EGX30 fell by 0.17 percent, registering 8,797 points, down from 8,811.8 points...
Oct. 23, 11:57
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) showed a limited decline at the open of Thursday’s trading session due to minimal profit taking following the market rally Wednesday. The EGX30 fell by 0.2 percent, registering 8,794 points,...
Oct. 22, 17:30
CAIRO: Minister of Finance Hani Qadry said that Moody’s decision to upgrade Egypt’s outlook is positive for the economy and the country’s position in the international investment map, according to a Tuesday statement, but that...
Oct. 22, 16:15
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rallied Wednesday, pushed by the positive performance of most blue chips led by the heavyweight CIB stock. The EGX30 rose by 2.07 percent, registering 8,811.8 points, up from 8,633 points...
Oct. 22, 12:15
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rallied at open of Wednesday’s session, powered by the positive performance of most blue chips led by the heavyweight CIB stock. The EGX30 rose by 1.68 percent, registering 8,777 points, up...
- Clay family displaced due to Israeli shelling on its home in Gaza
- Oct. 19 Cairo University clashes
- Security measures at Ain Shams and Cairo Universities
- First cruise ship to Port Said since June 30 welcomed by dance performance
- Inauguration ceremony of the Hanging Church
- 3rd anniversary memorial of ‘Maspiro Massacre’