- Dar al-Ifta issues fatwa against male-female online chattingAugust 30, 2014
- Clashes continue in Cairo streets, MB protesters target security forcesAugust 30, 2014
- Badie, 7 others sentenced to life in prison over Istiqamah Mosque caseAugust 30, 2014
- Al-Azhar may delay academic study: officialAugust 30, 2014
Aug. 31, 11:30
MANAMA: Bahraini authorities detained prominent human rights activist Maryam al-Khawaja on Saturday on her arrival at the Gulf state’s airport, her mother told Reuters. Maryam is the daughter of Shiite Muslim activist...
Aug. 31, 04:00
WASHINGTON: After Islamic State’s beheading of journalist James Foley, President Barack Obama’s administration is making little headway in efforts to secure the release of three other Americans held by the...
Aug. 31, 00:00
LONDON: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has accused Hamas of causing thousands of unnecessary deaths by fighting in Gaza for longer than was needed, the Daily Mail reported. President Abbas said all casualties could have...
Aug. 30, 23:00
CAIRO: Security forces in Alexandria arrested an adjunct professor of sciences at Alexandria University on Saturday morning at Dawn, Al-Masry Al-Youm reported. The man arrested, Mohamed Tarek, was one of the people who...
Aug. 30, 22:30
DUBAI/VIENNA:Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday new U.S. sanctions were against the spirit of Tehran’s nuclear negotiations with world powers, but added he was not pessimistic about the talks continuing....
- 600 EGP monthly incomes for poor families who educate their children
- Wasat Party withdraws from NASL, considers parliamentary elections: Source
- Together We Can will raise quality of education in Egypt
- ‘The Blue Elephant’: A Tale of Demons and Love
- April 6 will organize protests against ‘stressful situation:’ sources
- Police thwart attempt to smuggle Egyptian antiquities
Aug. 30, 20:00
CAIRO: The majority government-owned Telecom Egypt (TE) is promoting the sale of its shares in South Africa and other countries as it plans to now conduct 100 percent of its operations within the Egyptian telecommunications...
Aug. 30, 18:30
CAIRO: Egypt’s domestic budget sector debt soared to 1.7 trillion EGP ($237.74 billion), or 83.7 percent of GDP at the end of June, marking a 17.9 percent rise from 1.44 trillion EGP (82.4 percent of GDP) in June 2013,...
Aug. 30, 14:17
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) is greatly expected to note a positive performance this week where the indexes and stocks will open up in an attempt to penetrate their resistance levels, technical analyst at the African...
Aug. 30, 13:30
CAIRO: Badr El Din Petroleum Company is expected to increase daily production to 100 million cubic feet daily after finishing the first stage of the Karam gas wells, company Chairman Emad El Din said Thursday. El Din said the...
Aug. 29, 13:00
CAIRO: The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) indexes went up this week despite a significant decline in trading volume and value driven from heavy selling pressures in early sessions. The benchmark index EGX30 gained 0.66 percent to...
- Alaa Abdel Fattah and Sanaa Seif at their father’s funeral
- Street vendors protest forced relocation
- Palestinians celebrate cease-fire agreement in Gaza
- Palestinians pray in mosque after Israel’s airstrike on it
- Before and after: street vendors cleared from Downtown Cairo
- An Evening of Classical Music at Bridges Cultural Center